[C38] straight down wind spinnaker

S Orton ssorton at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 17 15:16:11 EDT 2013

I second Steve S response about sailing directly down with with big seas- it is hairy.  My favorite is a .75 oz tri-radial from Quantum Sails.  I have reached on flat water, low wind at 90 degrees and sailed directly down wind at 25 kts air reaching 12.6 kts (our max), surfing down big swells with one man actively working the sheet- it's scary, but thrilling.Cheers, Steve O