[C38] tide reversals in SFB

Peggy Droesch saintpeg at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 10 10:56:43 EDT 2015

Michelle,

For what it’s worth, China Camp is the only place that we’ve had this issue, & it is an issue every time. Our lovely tidal currents must do a crazy dance in San Pablo Bay. Wouldn’t be surprised if those two islets off McNear’s (The Sisters) had something to do with it.

We use a 33# Danforth & about 60' of chain rode. Small (10#?) kellet on the rope rode prevented a wrap once, didn’t another time - a larger one would probably work better.

If I had my druthers I’d go to 100' of chain at the very least - even better, lose the rope rode entirely - but talking the spouse into putting that much weight in the anchor locker of his beer can racer is going to be a challenge :-)

Peggy
#231 Irie
San Rafael

Message: 4