[C38] Battery bank setup

Marc-Andrea Klimaschewski marcklim at outlook.com
Thu Jan 21 12:36:42 EST 2016

I was curious as to how the battery bank setup is on the Catalina 38. On Image I have two house batteries under the settee close to the galley and an additional starter battery by the fuel tank. The house batteries are run through the AC/DC panel, the engine battery seems not to have a battery switch.
What is the original setup of the boat? How do you have your boats set up? What kinds of batteries are you using? So far my setup seems to work for me but since I need to do some significant work on the 12V system I was curious as to whether there are better ways to set up the batteries.
Thanksmarc