[C38] Fixed Prop Spec's

Charles Finn Charles at finn.ws
Wed Jun 7 12:05:34 EDT 2017

I think there is a little confusion regarding pitch.  There are two ways
to measure it.  One (which I think Max is discussing) is degrees of
pitch.  The other is how many inches of water is pushed past the prop
per revolution.  A 14 inch pitch translates to 26 degrees on a 15 inch prop.

This is from PYI:

And there is one advantage living where the water gets hard in the
winter!  Our boats come out every year to sit in a cradle that allows us
to tend to bottom paint and adjust the prop!  There is the down side of
course in that we don't get to sail during this time....

Chuck