[C38] looking at getting a C38 - what should i look for?

Max Soto maxsoto at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 14:52:46 EDT 2021

Hi Thomas.  Chainplate and mast leaks is something to check on pretty much every single sailboat.
Something that is particular to the 38 is that the traveler wood risers tend to leak a bit, and some boats hace despelotes soft spots around this area.
On mine, the stiffening wood blocks that go between hull and sole at the bilge were all loose. They were poorly fiberglass’s don Catalina.  It just took me a weekend to fiberglased all of them into place.
But in general, nothing structural to seriously worry about.

Max Soto A
+506-8312-1367