[C38] Leak in storage area

Steven Ribble steve.ribble at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 07:55:22 EDT 2022

Hello Pierre,

Two potential sources that would let water into that area are a breach
(gap, separation etc) in the toe rail seal/bolts or through the chain
plate/deck seal. I've had a similar situation on the port side when healed
over with the rail under water. For water to reach the area you describe
there would also need to be a separation/crack between the hull and the top
of the storage space. Did you see sings of water in the cubbies behind the
seat back?

Since it is/was holding water I would assume the bottom of the space is in
tact.

I sealed/caulked the underside of my toe rail and it did wonders...of
course I've also focused on sailing with the rail out of the water. Less
dramatic, but faster.

Good luck finding the cause.

Steve Ribble, #64